About Law Department
The Department of Law of WUB was established in 2004. Currently we have about 350 students and more than 1000 students have graduated from our Department. We are offering LLB and LLM Programs in the Department of Law. We ensure good quality legal education in the Department through high quality law teachers. We impart outcome based legal education to our students. We make creative questions in the exams so that students become creative to answer those question. They learn in an atmosphere where they know how to deal with clients, with witnesses and how to cross examine the witnesses to find out the real fact of the case as advocates in the court.
About World University of Bangladesh
World University of Bangladesh (WUB) established under the private University Act, 1992 (amended in 1998), approved and recognized by the Ministry of Education, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh and the University Grants Commission (UGC) of Bangladesh is a leading university for utilitarian education. The University is governed by a board of trustees constituted as per private universities Act 2010 which is a non-profit making concern. The university is a member of the Association of Private Universities in Bangladesh, Association of Common Wealth Universities and Quality Assurance & Improvement Council and appears in the worldwide listing of universities by the UNESCO.
Although the formal approval to start operation of the World University of Bangladesh was received on February 26, 2003, the ground work for the university began in early part of 2000, Now the university on entering its 10th year of operation has all needed infrastructural facilities and highly qualified teachers in its 3 faculties and 11 departments with 24 programs at day and evening.
World University of Bangladesh is destined to provide utilitarian education for economic emancipation without undermining the national ideals and aspirations and is authorized to offer courses and award degrees, diplomas, certificates on its own. At present it has credit transfer arrangements and academic collaborations with some universities in UK, USA, Australia and the Caribbean.
The university had its first convocation on 28th October 2008, where 782 students received degree from the Hon’ble President of People’s Republic of Bangladesh and Chancellor of World University of Bangladesh. (also see our website: www.wub.edu.bd). As many as 2300 students are now ready for conferment of degrees in the up-coming convocation. None of its degree holders is unemployed implying its emphasis on quality education with utilitarian bent.
This university is the pioneer in introducing degree programs for the Diploma Engineers; B.Sc. in Mechatronics Engineering (MTE) & Master of Business Education (MBE) in this part of the world. The MTE program also known as electro-Mechanical engineering in few western countries is a synergistic combination of a number of basic engineering and administrative courses. As such, it is a highly demanding course at home and abroad. The MBE program is meant for people destined to make career in teaching of business related subjects and for those willing to make a career in practical business world in short span of time. We have few Institutes and various types of collaboration programs. All of our programs are approved by the UGC. We publish some journals which have earned appreciation at home and abroad.
The vision of the Department of Law is to make every effort to be a very different and standard global legal entity whose faculties and students will have dedication to conduct innovative legal research and provide quality services in the changing society.
The mission of the Department of Law is to make highly skilled and knowledgeable professionals to achieve legal excellence locally, nationally and internationally through a collaborative environment in which they will learn, think and communicate law, policy and justice.
- To provide conducive environment for effective learning.
- To develop and offer a dynamic syllabus to meet the changing needs of business world.
- To provide advanced knowledge and skills that are specific to conducting any business from small enterprises to multinational corporations.
- To equip the candidate with much wider career opportunities, particularly in those sectors where globalization or the increasing internationalization of trade is a new or up and coming phenomenon.
- To prepare graduates for employment in challenging but rewarding area.
- To integrate cultural understandings with relevant functional skills and prepare graduates for employment in virtually all aspects of government, commerce, and trade.
- To enable the graduates to progress to senior management positions in business management and operations where specialist knowledge can be used.
- To develop and enrich the faculty members with required qualities and skills.
- Knowledgeable and technically competent in English language, literature, and applied linguistics
- Effective in communication and demonstration of good leadership quality in an organization
- Implement modern research and scientific discoveries in the field of drug discovery.
- Capable to address English language, literature, and linguistic issues innovatively, creatively and ethically through sustainable approach
- Able to demonstrate analytical skills and recognize the need of lifelong learning for successful career advancement
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
|PEO-1||Knowledgeable and technically competent in English language, literature, and applied linguistics|
|PEO-2||Effective in communication and demonstration of good leadership quality in an organization|
|PEO-3||Capable to address English language, literature, and linguistic issues innovatively, creatively and ethically through sustainable approach|
|PEO-4||Able to demonstrate analytical skills and recognize the need of lifelong learning for successful career advancement|
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs):
|PLO-3||Social skills and responsibilities|
|PLO-4||Ethics, professionalism and humanities|
|PLO-5||Communication, leadership and team skills|
|PLO-6||Scientific methods, critical thinking and problem solving skills|
|PLO-7||Lifelong learning and information management|
|PLO-8||Entrepreneurship and managerial skills|
|PLO-9||IT familiarity/Use of technology/Information literacy/ Information management|
Well-equipped class rooms and state of the art labs and modern teaching aids
WUB Lab Pictures
- Highly qualified faculty members.
- Student scholarship
- Recent scientific instrument.
- Remedial English Course till the students attain fluency.
- Remedial Courses for Computer Science & Mathematics.
- Student-friendly fee and payment system.
- Hostel facilities for ladies & rural students.
- Students’ involvement with professional, social and cultural organizations
- Teaching with full time teachers
- Different performance based scholarship & stipend.